- 1/2 (14.1-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup blackstrap molasses
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (12-oz.) can evaporated milk
- ALMOND TOFFEE
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Parchment paper
- WHIPPED CREAM
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
How to Make It
Prepare Tart: Preheat oven to 350°. Fit piecrust into a 9-inch deep-dish tart or quiche pan with removable bottom; press into fluted edges. Whisk together granulated sugar and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together pumpkin and next 2 ingredients in a separate bowl. Whisk pumpkin mixture into sugar mixture. Add eggs, 1 at a time, whisking until blended after each addition. Whisk in evaporated milk, and pour into crust.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and chill 8 to 24 hours.
Prepare Almond Toffee: Cook brown sugar and 4 Tbsp. butter in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until bubbly. Add almonds, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until golden. Pour mixture onto lightly greased (with cooking spray) parchment paper; cool completely. Break into pieces.
Prepare Whipped Cream: Beat cream and 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Top tart with whipped cream; sprinkle with toffee.