You'll wish every day was a crisp, fall morning when you wake up to Pumpkin-Stuffed French Toast.
All You OCTOBER 2013
1. Preheat oven to 200ºF. Set a wire rack over a large baking sheet; place in oven.
2. Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl; whisk until smooth. Spread evenly over 4 slices of bread. Place remaining 4 slices of bread on top to form sandwiches.
3. In a large dish, whisk milk, eggs and vanilla. Place sandwiches in batter. Let bread soak, about 1 minute per side.
4. Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 sandwiches; cook, flipping halfway through, until golden brown on both sides, 6 to 8 minutes total. Transfer to rack on sheet in oven. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
5. Top French toast with pecans and maple syrup, if desired, and serve.
Go to full version of