Pumpkin-Stuffed French Toast
Photo: Kate Sears; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 445
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 46g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 224mg
- Sodium: 532mg
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (not nonfat)
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 8 slices whole-grain bread
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Chopped toasted pecans, optional
- Maple syrup, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 200ºF. Set a wire rack over a large baking sheet; place in oven.
- 2. Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl; whisk until smooth. Spread evenly over 4 slices of bread. Place remaining 4 slices of bread on top to form sandwiches.
- 3. In a large dish, whisk milk, eggs and vanilla. Place sandwiches in batter. Let bread soak, about 1 minute per side.
- 4. Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 sandwiches; cook, flipping halfway through, until golden brown on both sides, 6 to 8 minutes total. Transfer to rack on sheet in oven. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- 5. Top French toast with pecans and maple syrup, if desired, and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note