a special pumpkin pie for those who need a little less pumpkin and a bit more 'warm' flavor
Pumpkin Streusel Pie
More From Sunset
- Calories: 395
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Protein: 7g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 51g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sodium: 278mg
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 10-inch pie pastry for a single-crust pie (for leaves, see notes above)
- Walnut streusel
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a bowl, mix granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and ginger. Add pumpkin, milk, and eggs; whisk until well blended.
- 2. Pour mixture into unbaked 10-inch pie pastry in pan. Sprinkle walnut streusel evenly over filling.
- 3. Bake on the bottom rack until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 60 to 65 minutes.
- 4. Set on a rack until cool to touch, about 2 hours. Cut into wedges.
Roll out half as directed for crust; roll other half into a 1/8-inch-thick round and use a cookie cutter to make shapes, or place a leaf on dough and cut around it with a small, sharp knife. If making pie up to 1 day ahead, cover and chill.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note