- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 10-inch pie pastry for a single-crust pie (for leaves, see notes above)
- Walnut streusel
- calories 395
- caloriesfromfat 43 %
- protein 7 g
- fat 19 g
- satfat 8 g
- carbohydrate 51 g
- fiber 1.7 g
- sodium 278 mg
- cholesterol 66 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°. In a bowl, mix granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and ginger. Add pumpkin, milk, and eggs; whisk until well blended.
Pour mixture into unbaked 10-inch pie pastry in pan. Sprinkle walnut streusel evenly over filling.
Bake on the bottom rack until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 60 to 65 minutes.
Set on a rack until cool to touch, about 2 hours. Cut into wedges.
Roll out half as directed for crust; roll other half into a 1/8-inch-thick round and use a cookie cutter to make shapes, or place a leaf on dough and cut around it with a small, sharp knife. If making pie up to 1 day ahead, cover and chill.