Pumpkin-Spiced Profiteroles With Warm Cranberry Compote
Photo: Charles Walton; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, cut up
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 large eggs
- 1 quart vanilla bean ice cream
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- Warm Cranberry Compote
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low.
- Stir in flour and pumpkin pie spice, beating with a wooden spoon 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until mixture leaves sides of pan. Remove from heat, and cool slightly.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until smooth after each addition.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Spoon batter into a decorating bag fitted with a #4 star tip; pipe 24 (1 1/2-inch) mounds, 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until puffed and golden. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Cut tops from puffs, and fill with a scoop of ice cream. Replace tops; dust with powdered sugar. Spoon Warm Cranberry Compote onto individual serving dishes; top with puffs, and garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This