- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 11/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground pecans
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons coffee liqueur (such as Kahlúa)
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
How to Make It
To make the cookies, reheat oven to 375 °. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
Beat the butter, sugars, and orange zest in the bowl of a stand mixer until fluffy, 4 minutes. Beat in egg at medium speed, 2-3 minutes. Mix in pumpkin puree and vanilla until just combined.
Whisk together flour, pecans, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Slowly mix flour mixture into the butter mixture until just combined.
Spoon dough by the tablespoonful, 2 inches apart, onto prepared baking sheets. Bake at 375 ° for 10-14 minutes, rotating pans halfway through cooking, or until set. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes before transferring to a wire wrack.
To make the glaze, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar, cream, coffee liqueur, and butter until smooth. Spoon glaze over cookies after they have cooled completely.