This has become one of two cakes that I consider my favorite! This cake is very, very moist and it has a wonderful texture. I like to add raisins. I have taken this cake to work as a contribution to potlucks and I am constantly asked for the recipe.
Pumpkin Spice Cake
Bake this spiced pumpkin cake in a jellyroll pan and top with a sweet cream cheese frosting and chopped walnuts.
More From Southern Living
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Combine flour and next 6 ingredients. Stir flour mixture into pumpkin mixture until well blended. Spread batter in a lightly greased 15- x 10 1/2-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Spread Cream Cheese Frosting evenly over cake; sprinkle with walnuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note