Pumpkin Spice Bread Pudding
- 1 loaf Pumpkin Spice Bread
- 4 large eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- Toppings: Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Cut Pumpkin Spice Bread into 1/2-inch cubes with a serrated knife. Spread cubes in a single layer on a lightly greased jellyroll pan. Bake at 400° for 11 to 14 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove cubes from oven; set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- 2. Whisk together eggs, egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar, pumpkin, lemon zest, and salt in a large mixing bowl until well blended. Whisk in milk and 1 1/2 cups whipping cream until blended.
- 3. Add toasted pumpkin bread cubes to custard mixture, stirring gently to moisten evenly. Let stand 20 minutes.
- 4. Grease an 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Pour bread pudding mixture into baking dish, spreading evenly; sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.
- 5. Pour hot tap water to a depth of 3/4 inch in a roasting pan. Place roasting pan in oven. Place baking dish containing bread pudding in center of roasting pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour 10 minutes or until set at center. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts