- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons canned unsweetened pumpkin
- 1 large egg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour an 8 1/2- x 4 1/2-inch loafpan. Sift together first 5 ingredients; stir in kosher salt.
Combine sugar, oil, and pumpkin in a large bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add egg, beating until well blended. Gradually add dry ingredients, beating at low speed until blended. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour 5 minutes or until loaf is golden and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.