Notes: If making ahead, cool, cover, and chill up to 1 day. Add sour cream after reheating.
Sunset NOVEMBER 1997
1. In a 4- to 5-quart pan, frequently stir onion, garlic, pumpkin pie spice, cayenne, and 1/4 cup broth over high heat until pan is dry, about 3 minutes.
2. In a blender or food processor, smoothly purée onion mixture, adding a little more broth if needed to facilitate the process.
3. Return purée to pan; add remaining broth, pumpkin, and honey.
4. Smoothly mix milk with cornstarch and stir into soup. Stirring, bring to a boil over high heat. Add lemon juice and salt to taste.
5. Ladle soup into shallow bowls. Stir sour cream to soften, then drizzle a small amount into each bowl.
Go to Full Version of