Pumpkin Soup with Candied Pumpkin Seeds
Calabaza is similar to pumpkin and has a sweet flavor like butternut squash.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large Vidalia onion, chopped (4 cups)
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups diced calabaza or butternut squash
- 2 (14-ounce) cans low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- Candied Pumpkin Seeds
- Garnish: fresh thyme sprigs
- 1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring frequently, about 6 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add calabaza and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes; remove thyme sprigs.
- 2. Transfer mixture to a blender or food processor, and puree in batches, scraping down sides. Return to clean saucepan. Reheat soup if necessary. Ladle soup into 6 warmed bowls. Add Candied Pumpkin Seeds to each; garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This