Notes: If making ahead, cool, cover, and chill up to 1 day. Add sour cream after reheating.
Yield: Makes 6 cups; 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 61
- Calories from fat: 4.4%
- Protein: 2.4g
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Sodium: 30mg
- Cholesterol: 1.2mg
- 1 onion (8 to 10 oz.), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 3/4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- About 2 tablespoons nonfat sour cream or plain nonfat yogurt
- 1. In a 4- to 5-quart pan, frequently stir onion, garlic, pumpkin pie spice, cayenne, and 1/4 cup broth over high heat until pan is dry, about 3 minutes.
- 2. In a blender or food processor, smoothly purée onion mixture, adding a little more broth if needed to facilitate the process.
- 3. Return purée to pan; add remaining broth, pumpkin, and honey.
- 4. Smoothly mix milk with cornstarch and stir into soup. Stirring, bring to a boil over high heat. Add lemon juice and salt to taste.
- 5. Ladle soup into shallow bowls. Stir sour cream to soften, then drizzle a small amount into each bowl.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This