Pumpkin, Sausage and Spinach Calzone
Photo: Kate Sears; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
Yield: Serves: 4
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 580
- Fat: 39g
- Saturated fat: 14g
- Protein: 22g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Sodium: 1255mg
- 1 pound pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces sweet Italian sausage, casings removed (about 3 links)
- 5 cups baby spinach (from 1 5-oz. box)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 4 ounces Fontina cheese, finely diced
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Set 2 fine-mesh strainers over 2 bowls. Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Divide dough into 4 portions; roll them into 7-inch rounds.
- 2. Warm 1 Tbsp. oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook sausage, stirring and breaking up meat, until browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a strainer to drain.
- 3. Warm 1 Tbsp. oil in same skillet over medium heat. Cook spinach, stirring, until wilted, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Transfer to second strainer; squeeze out liquid.
- 4. Spread pumpkin on one side of each dough round, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Divide sausage, spinach and cheese among rounds, scattering over pumpkin. Fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal.
- 5. Brush tops of calzones with 1 Tbsp. oil. Transfer to baking sheet; bake until golden, about 15 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note