- 1 tablespoon Stonemill Essentials Salt
- 3 cups Reggano Farfalle, uncooked
- 2 cups Carlini Extra Virgin Olivie Oil, divided
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, diced
- 6 sage leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Baker's Corner 100% Pure Canned Pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups Friendly Farms Whipping Cream
- 1 cup edenVale Romano Shredded Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Baker's Corner Brown Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper
- 6 sage leaves for garnish
How to Make It
In a large sauce pan, bring 8 cups of water and 1 tablespoon salt to a boil. Cook the farfalle for 12-15 minutes or until al dente.
Drain pasta and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap and reserve.
In the same sauce pan, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the onion until tender, about 5 minutes.
Add the thinly sliced sage. Sauté for 3 minutes.
Add the pumpkin and heavy cream. Bring to a simmer. Add the cheese, stir until melted and the sauce thickens.
Stir in the brown sugar, salt and pepper. Add the farfalle to the sauce, toss until coated.
For garnish: Heat remaining oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Fry sage leaves until crisp. Transfer with a fork to paper towels to drain.