Pumpkin Roasted Red Pepper Chili
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 yellow onions, medium chopped fine
- 16 ounce(s) roasted red peppers, jar drained
- 15 ounce(s) pumpkin puree, can
- 6 ounce(s) tomato paste, can
- 2 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 pound(s) pork ribs, boneless roughly chopped
- 2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika, smoked
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- Optional: in a blender or food processor, combine the onions, roasted red peppers, pumpkin and tomato paste. Puree until smooth. Set aside
- Heat a large stockpot over medium high heat. Add the beef and the pork and cook until starting to brown, about 7 to 8 minutes. If you haven't pureed the onions, add them to the skillet and saute until translucent
- Add the pumpkin puree, roasted red peppers, the tomato paste and the broth to the pot and stir well. Add the garlic powder, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, smoked paprika and chili powder.
- Bring to a simmer, then partially cover the pot to prevent splattering but allow steam to escape. Simmer for 45 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Judie25 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note