This was tasty! It does require constant attention which is difficult with toddlers but I managed. I roasted a pumpkin the day before and coarsely chopped it instead of using the canned pumpkin. I also left out the sage - forgot to add it and I only used about 1/2 a cup of cheese which I thought was plenty.
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 489
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 73g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Sodium: 1mg
- 5 to 6 cups chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped (2/3 cup)
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 10 ounces fresh pumpkin, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice (2 cups)
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat chicken broth in a saucepan and keep warm.
- In a large saucepan, heat 3 Tbsp. butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add rice, fresh pumpkin and nutmeg. Stir for about a minute, making sure all rice is coated in butter. Add 1 cup chicken broth, stirring well; reduce heat to low. Once broth is incorporated, add 1/2 cup more broth, stirring constantly. Continue to add broth in 1/2 cup increments as rice absorbs liquid, until rice is cooked. Rice will take about 25 minutes to cook and should be creamy but al dente when done.
- In last few minutes of cooking, stir in canned pumpkin and maple syrup.
- Remove risotto from heat and stir in remaining 2 Tbsp. butter, Parmesan, sage, salt and pepper. Let rest a few minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables