Pumpkin-Pistachio Breakfast Bread
The Pistachio Topping adds a crunchy dimension to this holiday quick bread.
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups canned mashed pumpkin
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pistachio Topping
- 1/2 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 1 1/2 cups sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Combine flour and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl; add to butter mixture alternately with pumpkin, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in raisins and vanilla.
- Spread batter into a greased and floured 13" x 9" pan; sprinkle with Pistachio Topping. Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and milk in a small bowl until smooth, using a wire whisk. Using whisk, drizzle cream cheese mixture over cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This