Pumpkin Pie with Vanilla Whipped Cream
This is the pie you remember from many Thanksgivings, made better for you. Instead of using a can of regular evaporated milk, we swapped in a fat-free version.
More From Oxmoor House
2 Hours, 40 Minutes
- Calories: 255
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 5.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 3.9g
- Carbohydrate: 38.1g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 238mg
- Calcium: 76mg
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 3/4 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/2 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Combine 1 cup sugar and next 4 ingredients (through cloves) in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add eggs and pumpkin; stir well with a whisk. Gradually add evaporated milk, stirring with a whisk until blended.
- 3. Fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate. Fold edges under. Using kitchen shears, make 1/2-inch diagonal cuts at 45-degree angles around edge of crust. With fingertips, press every other tab toward center of pie. Pour pumpkin mixture into prepared crust.
- 4. Place pie plate on a baking sheet, and bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°; bake 45 minutes or until almost set. Shield edges of piecrust with foil, if necessary. (Do not insert a knife to test for doneness, as the slit will become larger and separate when the pie cools.) Cool on a wire rack 1 1/2 hours.
- 5. Beat whipping cream with a mixer at high speed until foamy. Gradually add vanilla and 2 tablespoons sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Slice pie into 10 slices; top each serving with whipped cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note