These are fabulous. I've made them and given them away as gifts. I've left out the cranberries and crystallized ginger, and added coarse sea salt once they come out of the oven.
Pumpkin Pie-Spiced Trail Mix
From the kitchen of Meg Van Der Kruik, beardandbonnet.com, Atlanta, Georgia
"This is my go-to fall snack when I'm craving guilty pleasures like pumpkin pie, because I could eat a whole pie by myself!"
- 1 cup raw pecan halves
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2-inch-thick crystallized ginger slices
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread 1 cup raw pecan halves, 1/2 cup raw cashews, and 1/2 cup raw almonds in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring once. Remove from oven, and transfer to a bowl. Reduce oven temperature to 300°. Bring 1/4 cup maple syrup, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. ground ginger, 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg, and a pinch each of ground cloves and table salt to a rolling boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Drizzle hot syrup over nut mixture in bowl; toss to coat. Spread coated nut mixture in a single layer on same parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake at 300° for 25 to 30 minutes or until glaze begins to harden. Spread mixture onto lightly greased parchment paper, and cool completely. Transfer to a bowl, and stir in 1/4 cup each dried cranberries and 1/2-inch-thick crystallized ginger slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This