What is not to love? Make sure you have made your best pumpkin pie.
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Fantasy
Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 1 Hour, 8 Minutes
- 1 baked pumpkin pie*
- 1/2 gal. premium vanilla ice cream (we tested with Bluebell)
- Caramel topping (we tested with Smucker's)
- Toasted pecan halves
- Place pie in freezer for 1 hour; remove pie from freezer, and chop 3/4 of pie into 1" chunks. Allow ice cream to stand about 8 to 10 minutes to slightly soften. "Chunk up" ice cream into a large bowl. Gently fold in pie chunks until blended.
- To serve, scoop each serving into wine glasses or dessert bowls. Drizzle with caramel topping, and top with pecans.
- *We tested with a Mrs. Smith's frozen pumpkin pie, baked according to package directions. We let it cool completely on a wire rack, and then froze it briefly for easy chopping. You can use any type of pumpkin pie here--a deli baked pie or, better yet, a homemade pumpkin pie. (In fact, this idea would also work with a baked pecan pie. Just omit the toasted pecan halves.)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note