Prep: 20 minutes; Refrigerate: 1 hour; Cook: 1 hour.
Health NOVEMBER 2011
1. Place first 5 crust ingredients (through vegetable oil) into a food processor fitted with a metal blade; pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2. Add egg yolk and 1 tablespoon water. Pulse until dough begins to clump together (add more water, if needed). Turn dough out onto a large piece of plastic wrap, and press into a large, flat disc. Wrap tightly; refrigerate 30 minutes (or up to 2 days).
3. At least 20 minutes before baking, position a rack in middle of oven. Preheat oven to 400°. Place dough on a clean towel lightly dusted with flour. Roll out to a 12- to 13-inch round. Transfer to 9-inch glass pie dish sprayed with cooking spray. Press dough against the sides and bottom of the dish.
4. Trim away all but 1 inch of overhanging dough. Turn edge under; use your fingers to crimp. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven. Prick bottom and sides of crust with a fork. Bake 5 to 8 minutes longer, until surface is dry but not browned. Cool on wire rack. Position a rack on lowest shelf in oven; reduce temperature to 350°.
5. Whisk together filling ingredients in a large bowl until smooth; pour into crust. Carefully return pie to oven and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until center is firm. Transfer pie to a wire rack to cool. Serve.
Go to full version of