Prep: 20 minutes; Refrigerate: 1 hour; Cook: 1 hour.
Yield: Makes 8 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 220
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 59mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 198mg
- Calcium: 104mg
- Pie Crust:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large egg yolk (white reserved for filling)
- 2-3 tablespoons cold water, plus more if needed
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 (12-ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk (3/4 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée
- 1. Place first 5 crust ingredients (through vegetable oil) into a food processor fitted with a metal blade; pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2. Add egg yolk and 1 tablespoon water. Pulse until dough begins to clump together (add more water, if needed). Turn dough out onto a large piece of plastic wrap, and press into a large, flat disc. Wrap tightly; refrigerate 30 minutes (or up to 2 days).
- 3. At least 20 minutes before baking, position a rack in middle of oven. Preheat oven to 400°. Place dough on a clean towel lightly dusted with flour. Roll out to a 12- to 13-inch round. Transfer to 9-inch glass pie dish sprayed with cooking spray. Press dough against the sides and bottom of the dish.
- 4. Trim away all but 1 inch of overhanging dough. Turn edge under; use your fingers to crimp. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven. Prick bottom and sides of crust with a fork. Bake 5 to 8 minutes longer, until surface is dry but not browned. Cool on wire rack. Position a rack on lowest shelf in oven; reduce temperature to 350°.
- 5. Whisk together filling ingredients in a large bowl until smooth; pour into crust. Carefully return pie to oven and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until center is firm. Transfer pie to a wire rack to cool. Serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This