Pumpkin Pecan Pie
Prep: 20 minutes; Chill: 10 minutes; Bake: 1 hour 5 minutes.
Yield: Makes 1 (9-inch) deep-dish pie (about 8 to 10 servings)
- 1/2 recipe Easy Piecrust
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups cooked Pumpkin Puree or 1 (15-ounce) can unsweetened pumpkin
- 1. Roll half recipe Easy Piecrust dough to 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface (about a 13-inch circle). Fold in half, and transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. Unfold and drape over pie plate, pressing bottom and sides into pan. Chill in freezer 10 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°. Combine eggs, brown sugar, and corn syrup in a large bowl, and whisk until thoroughly blended. Stir in granulated sugar and next 3 ingredients. Add cream, Pumpkin Puree, and chopped pecans; stir to blend. Pour mixture into chilled piecrust. Bake at 400° on lower oven rack for 1 hour 5 minutes or until filling sets around edges and is slightly loose in center; shield pie lightly with aluminum foil after 30 minutes, if necessary. Let cool completely before slicing.
- Note: You may substitute 1 1/2 cups cooked and mashed butternut squash for pumpkin.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts