- 1 (16-ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 1/4 cups milk, scalded
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pastry shell
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
How to Make It
Combine pumpkin, milk, 1/2 cup brown sugar, eggs, flour, spices, and salt; beat 1 minute or until smooth at medium speed of an electric mixer. Pour into pastry shell; bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
Combine butter, 1 cup brown sugar, and pecans; mix well. Sprinkle pecan mixture evenly over top of pie. Reduce heat to 325°, and bake 25 minutes. Cool before serving.