- 4 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled fresh pumpkin
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled pear
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (about 2 oranges)
- 3 tablespoons sweetened dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 (1-ounce) slices white bread
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- calories 147
- caloriesfromfat 20 %
- fat 3.3 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- monofat 0.9 g
- polyfat 0.2 g
- protein 4.2 g
- carbohydrate 27 g
- fiber 2.2 g
- cholesterol 7 mg
- iron 1.2 mg
- sodium 221 mg
- calcium 76 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Steam pumpkin, covered, for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
Place the pumpkin, pear, and next 7 ingredients (pear through pepper) in a large bowl, tossing gently to coat. Spoon into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs form to measure 1 cup. Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, and butter. Uncover gratin; top with breadcrumb mixture. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown.