This recipe makes good brownies, but they taste like normal brownies. It was disappointing. I really hoped they would taste like pumpkin and chocolate, but instead they just tasted like chocolate. I think the recipe just needs some adjusting to make it a bit more pumpkiny (yes I know pumpkiny is not a word). I plan on trying this again and messing around with the recipe a bit. I definitely think it has potential. It's just not quite right for me yet.
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 126
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 27mg
- Sodium: 46mg
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square metal baking pan with foil; grease.
- Microwave chocolate and 2 Tbsp. water on medium for 2 minutes in a microwavable bowl; stir until smooth. Stir in pumpkin puree.
- With an electric mixer, beat eggs, sugars, vanilla and salt on high until thick, about 2 minutes. Add pumpkin mixture on low. Stir in cocoa and then flour until blended.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan. Bake until a tester comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool on a rack for 1 hour.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note