- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 pound rotini, cooked
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 leek, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 3 pounds peeled pumpkin, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- Toss 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese with pasta, and keep warm.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add leek and celery, and saute until tender. Add pumpkin; saute 2 to 3 minutes. Add broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes. Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Process pumpkin mixture in a blender until smooth. Return to saucepan; stir in whipping cream, and cook over low heat, stirring often, until heated. Serve over pasta; top with remaining cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note