I couldn't taste the pumpkin at all! It could be altered to have more pumpkin instead of yogurt.
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 129
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 4.4g
- Carbohydrate: 17.6g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 253mg
- Calcium: 83mg
- 6.75 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2.375 ounces whole wheat flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 large egg whites, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon pumpkinseed kernels
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Combine pumpkin, yogurt, and 1 egg white, stirring with a whisk. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moist.
- 3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 4 times with floured hands. Pat dough into an 8-inch circle on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cut dough into 12 wedges, cutting into but not through dough. Brush remaining 1 egg white over top of dough. Sprinkle dough with cheese and pumpkinseeds, pressing lightly to adhere. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden. Slice scones along score lines with a serrated knife. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads