I've made this every Autumn since 2003 for my family,friends and co-workers.It's great for potlucks served in holiday paper cup-cake liners(use 1TBSP for each layer)Yield:12 mini parfaits.Recipe also doubles easily.
Betty Ray created this creamy parfait as a light alternative to pumpkin pie.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 458
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Protein: 8.2g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 69g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sodium: 289mg
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme
- 1 package (8 oz.) Neufchâtel (light cream) cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons thawed frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup crumbled gingersnap cookies
- 1. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat marshmallow creme, Neufchâtel, and 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate until smooth.
- 2. In another bowl, stir together pumpkin, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and remaining tablespoon orange juice concentrate. Fold in 1/4 cup of the cream cheese mixture until no white streaks remain.
- 3. Spoon about 3 tablespoons of the remaining cream cheese mixture into each of four dessert or parfait glasses, followed by about 3 tablespoons of the pumpkin mixture. Repeat layers, ending with pumpkin. Chill until cold, at least 2 hours or up to 1 day. Just before serving, sprinkle each parfait with chopped pecans and gingersnap crumbs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note