- 2 cups finely crushed gingersnap crumbs (about 32 gingersnaps)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tbsp. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 can pumpkin purée (15 oz.)
- 2 teaspoons orange-flavored liqueur, such as Grand Marnier
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- calories 643
- caloriesfromfat 66 %
- protein 8.7 g
- fat 47 g
- satfat 28 g
- carbohydrate 48 g
- fiber 1.6 g
- sodium 362 mg
- cholesterol 195 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 325°. In a 10-in. pie pan, stir together gingersnap crumbs with melted butter and press into a crust. Bake until set, about 6 minutes. Set aside.
Increase heat to 350°. Beat cream cheese, mascarpone, and 2/3 cup sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating for 30 seconds after each egg. Add pumpkin, 1 tsp. orange liqueur, citrus zests, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Mix until smooth.
Pour filling into crust and bake until edges are firm but center still jiggles a bit, 45 to 50 minutes (bake any extra filling in ramekins). Cool to room temperature, then chill at least 6 hours and up to overnight.
When ready to serve, beat cream, crème fraîche, and remaining 2 tbsp. sugar and 1 tsp. orange liqueur in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Serve pie with orange whipped cream.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.