Pumpkin Nut Bread
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) Ground cloves
- 1 cup(s) brown sugar Packed
- 1/3 cup(s) Shortening
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup(s) Canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup(s) Milk
- 1/2 cup(s) walnuts Coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) raisins
- In a mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, baking soda, and cloves. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl beat together brown sugar and shortening until well combined; beat in eggs. Add pumpkin and milk; mix well.
- Add flour mixture to sugar-pumpkin mixture, mixing well. Stir in chopped nuts and the raisins.
- Turn batter into a greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool thoroughly on a wire rack. Wrap and store over-night before slicing.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EJakubek and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note