Pumpkin Nut Bread
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) Ground cloves
- 1 cup(s) brown sugar Packed
- 1/3 cup(s) Shortening
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup(s) Canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup(s) Milk
- 1/2 cup(s) walnuts Coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) raisins
- In a mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, baking soda, and cloves. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl beat together brown sugar and shortening until well combined; beat in eggs. Add pumpkin and milk; mix well.
- Add flour mixture to sugar-pumpkin mixture, mixing well. Stir in chopped nuts and the raisins.
- Turn batter into a greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool thoroughly on a wire rack. Wrap and store over-night before slicing.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EJakubek and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes