Community Recipe from
- 1 envelope(s) unflavored powdered gelatin
- 1/4 cup(s) cold water
- 1/2 cup(s) + 2 Tbsp canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs separated
- 1/4 cup(s) + 2 Tbsp pur maple syrup
- pinch(s) freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- pinch(s) ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) Dark Rum
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- Whipped Cream for serving
- 1. In a mall saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over the cold water, and let soften 5 minutes. Cook Softened gelatin over medium heat, swirling pan, just until gelatin is dissolved. do not let boil. Cool Completely.
- 2. Place pumpkin puree in a large bowl. Stir in softened gelatin, then add egg yolks, maple syrup, nutmeg, vanilla, ginger, all-spice salt, white pepper and rum. whisk until fully blended.
- 3. With an elctric mixer on medium speed, whisk egg whites and the sugar to soft peaks. Gently fold egg-white mixture into pumpkin mixture to combine. Whip heavy cream on medium high to stiff peaks, then gently but thoroughly fold into pumpkin mixture.
- 4. Divide mousse amoung 8 to 10 glasses; refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours, or up to 1 day, covered with plastic wrap. If desired, top each with a dollop of sweetend whipped cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jreinke and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes