Community Recipe from
- 1 envelope(s) unflavored powdered gelatin
- 1/4 cup(s) cold water
- 1/2 cup(s) + 2 Tbsp canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs separated
- 1/4 cup(s) + 2 Tbsp pur maple syrup
- pinch(s) freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- pinch(s) ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) Dark Rum
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- Whipped Cream for serving
- 1. In a mall saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over the cold water, and let soften 5 minutes. Cook Softened gelatin over medium heat, swirling pan, just until gelatin is dissolved. do not let boil. Cool Completely.
- 2. Place pumpkin puree in a large bowl. Stir in softened gelatin, then add egg yolks, maple syrup, nutmeg, vanilla, ginger, all-spice salt, white pepper and rum. whisk until fully blended.
- 3. With an elctric mixer on medium speed, whisk egg whites and the sugar to soft peaks. Gently fold egg-white mixture into pumpkin mixture to combine. Whip heavy cream on medium high to stiff peaks, then gently but thoroughly fold into pumpkin mixture.
- 4. Divide mousse amoung 8 to 10 glasses; refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours, or up to 1 day, covered with plastic wrap. If desired, top each with a dollop of sweetend whipped cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jreinke and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note