Pumpkin Mixed Greens Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
Small pumpkins, which have succulent, tender flesh, are best for cooking. They may be labeled as "sweet" or "pie" pumpkins. When chopping the pumpkin, be sure to save the seeds for the salad.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups salad)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 51
- Calories from fat: 64%
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 8.2g
- Carbohydrate: 18.7g
- Fiber: 7.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 398mg
- Calcium: 11mg
- 2 tablespoons raw green pumpkinseed kernels
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup (1/2-inch) cubed peeled pumpkin (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced thyme
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place pumpkinseeds in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently. Remove from pan.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pumpkin, and cook 8 minutes or until browned and tender. Remove from pan. Add thyme, tossing to combine. Cool.
- Combine vinegar, oil, syrup, salt, and pepper, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over salad greens; toss well to coat. Add pumpkin and pumpkinseeds; toss.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads