This is really good and so easy. I made half using my small springform for 4 of us. Looked just like the picutre!!
Pumpkin Ice Cream Torte
Photo: Ellen Silverman; Styling: Toni Brogan
This Pumpkin Ice Cream Torte starts with a graham cracker crust and is topped with layers of pumpkin and vanilla-pecan ice cream.
Yield: 12 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 260
- Fat: 8.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 5.6g
- Carbohydrate: 40.9g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 186mg
- Calcium: 168mg
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 9 cups vanilla low-fat ice cream (about 1 1/2 cartons), divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted and divided
- 1/4 cup jarred caramel topping
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Combine first 4 ingredients (mixture will be crumbly). Firmly press crumb mixture into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes; cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Combine pumpkin and the next 4 ingredients (through cloves) in a bowl. Soften 6 cups ice cream; add to pumpkin mixture, stirring to blend. Spoon half of mixture into prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap; freeze 1 hour or until firm. Cover and freeze remaining pumpkin ice cream.
- 4. Soften remaining 3 cups vanilla ice cream; stir in 3 tablespoons pecans. Spread over pumpkin ice cream layer; freeze 1 hour or until firm. Soften remaining 3 cups pumpkin ice cream; spread over vanilla ice cream mixture. Cover; freeze 8 hours or until firm. Cut torte into 12 wedges. Place 1 wedge on each of 12 plates. Place topping in microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 45 seconds. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon topping; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts