Pumpkin Doughnut Muffin
- 1 1/4 cup(s) unsalted butter room temperature, plus more for pan
- 3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt (coarse)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground allspice
- 1/3 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1 1/4 cup(s) pure pumkin puree
- 3/4 cup(s) light brown sugar
- 2 whole(s) eggs
- 3/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 stick(s) unsalted butter
- 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour 12 standard muffin cups. Make batter: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and allspice. In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk and pumpkin puree. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, scraping down bowl as needed. With mixer on low, add flour mixture in three additions, alternating with two additions pumpkin mixture, and beat to combine.
- 2.Spoon 1/3 cup batter into each muffin cup and bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine granulated sugar and cinnamon. Let muffins cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Working with one at a time, remove muffins from pan, brush all over with butter, then toss to coat in sugar mixture. Let muffins cool completely on a wire rack.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ConnieIsWright and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note