I thought this was pretty good, but I agree that it was a bit dry. I followed the recipe as written. It as easy enough to make, but I have had better pumpkin loafs.
Pumpkin-Date Loaf with Cream Cheese Swirl
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Jan Gautro
White cream cheese batter contrasts with the orange pumpkin in this loaf.
Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 208
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 38.1g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 167mg
- Calcium: 50mg
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) block-style 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin-pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup whole pitted dates, chopped (about 5 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until blended.
- Lightly spoon the flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour and the next 4 ingredients (flour through soda) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine egg, egg yolk, and brown sugar in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk until well blended. Add pumpkin and oil; stir well with a whisk. Stir in dates. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon the batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Spoon cream cheese mixture over batter; swirl batters together using the tip of a knife. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note