1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 24 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
2. Whisk together the flour, pudding mix, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, allspice, cloves and crystallized ginger in a bowl; set aside.
3. Beat butter, white sugar and brown sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. The mixture should be noticeably light in color.
4. Add the room-temperature eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next. Beat in the vanilla extract and pumpkin puree with the last egg.
5. Stir in flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
6. Bake in the preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 20 minutes. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
7. For cream cheese frosting: combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup butter, powdered sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla and 1 tsp. cinnamon
Go to full version of