I was given this recipe by a friend a number of years ago and lost it! Have always loved it and it gets rave reviews every where I have taken it. I am making it for BUNKO with the ladies in my neighborhood in a couple of days and expect that they will love it too! It is the perfect fall dish! I sometimes serve it warm with vanilla ice cream instead of whipped cream!
Moist cake, sweet pumpkin, and crunchy pecans—what's not to love? One of our Foods staffers, who shall remain anonymous, ate half a pan of this easy and fabulous dessert.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package butter-flavored yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, melted
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Ground nutmeg (optional)
- Stir together first 5 ingredients. Pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture; sprinkle evenly with pecans. Drizzle butter evenly over pecans.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, and let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature with Whipped Cream, if desired. Sprinkle with nutmeg, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Betty Crocker Super Moist Butter Recipe Yellow Cake Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note