Pumpkin Cream Roll
Yield: 8 Servings
Cost per Serving: $.89
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 412
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 13g
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 43g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 220mg
- Sodium: 321mg
- 3/4 cup cake flour (not self-rising)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, plus more for dusting
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 15-by-10-inch jelly-roll pan. Line pan with parchment paper and grease paper.
- Make cake: Whisk together flour, cinnamon, ginger and 1/4 tsp. salt.
- With electric mixer on high, beat egg yolks, granulated sugar and brown sugar until thick and pale, about 3 minutes. On low, mix in pumpkin and then dry ingredients.
- With a clean bowl and beaters, beat egg whites and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt until stiff but not dry. Fold into batter in 3 additions. Scrape into pan; spread evenly. Bake until springy to touch, about 15 minutes.
- Dust a clean kitchen towel with confectioners' sugar. Loosen cake from pan; turn out onto towel and peel off parchment. Roll cake lengthwise in towel; turn seam to bottom and let cake cool.
- Make filling: Beat all 5 ingredients on high until smooth, about 3 minutes. Unroll cake, spread filling evenly and reroll. Trim ends diagonally and dust with confectioners' sugar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This