I love this recipe. I actually make them into two loaves of bread instead of muffins. I use all applesauce for the oil and it is really moist.
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Muffins
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Muffins were made for the perfect first bite—crumbly streusel topping with a melted cream cheese morsel right in the center. No butter spread necessary.
More From Coastal Living
Bake: 20 Minutes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 4 tablespoons chilled butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Line 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with paper liners.
- 2. Stir together cream cheese, vanilla extract, and 1/2 cup sugar in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- 3. Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl; cut in butter with a fork or pastry blender until large crumbs form. Set aside.
- 4. Combine remaining 3 cups flour, remaining 1 3/4 cups sugar, remaining 2 teaspoons cinnamon, cloves, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together eggs, pumpkin, oil, and milk in a medium bowl; stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until moist. (Do not overmix.)
- 5. Spoon half of batter into prepared muffin pans. Dollop about 1 tablespoon reserved cream cheese mixture in center of batter, and top evenly with remaining batter. Sprinkle with reserved streusel mixture.
- 6. Bake 20 to 23 minutes. Remove from pans; cool on a wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note