Delicious and ridiculously easy. I made this as directed (with the addition of some cayenne) and did not find it too thick.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 (16-ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups half-and-half
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven; add onion, and saute until tender. Add corn, and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin and next 5 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in half-and-half, and cook until thoroughly heated (do not boil). Pack in a thermos.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note