Pretty good, but had to use buttermilk substitute and batter was a little too thick and dry. Also didn't think it was not sweet enough. Would try it again with some adjustments.
These upgraded waffles are just as easy to make as plain ones. If you don't have a waffle iron, just pour the batter in a lightly buttered nonstick skillet for tasty pancakes.
More From Coastal Living
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped semisweet chocolate
- Cooking spray
- Garnishes: maple syrup, sweetened whipped cream, chocolate shavings
- 1. Stir together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together buttermilk and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture. Stir in chocolate.
- 2. Preheat waffle iron, and coat with cooking spray. Ladle about 1/3 cup batter onto hot iron, spreading to edges. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until waffle is golden brown and steaming stops. Repeat with remaining batter. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note