Family and guests alike will give thanks over this decadent, seasonal Pumpkin-Chocolate-Swirl Cheesecake.
All You DECEMBER 2013
1. Preheat oven to 375°F; butter a 10-inch nonstick springform pan.
2. Blend graham crackers and sugar in a food processor until ground. Pulse in butter to blend. Press mixture over bottom and 1 inch up sides of pan. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Wrap bottom and sides of springform with 2 layers of foil.
3. Melt chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
4. Blend cottage cheese in a food processor until smooth. Add cream cheese, sugar, eggs and flour; process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; stir in pumpkin, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and salt.
5. Stir about 1 1/2 cups of batter into melted chocolate. Pour remaining batter into springform. Drop large spoonfuls of chocolate mixture over batter; use tip of a sharp knife to make decorative swirls.
6. Bring a kettle of water to a boil. Place springform in a large roasting pan. Transfer to oven. Carefully pour in boiling water to reach halfway up sides of springform. Bake until cake is just firm in the center and cheesecake starts to pull away from sides of springform, about 1 1/2 hours. Remove springform from roasting pan; let cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving. (Can be made up to 3 days ahead. Cover and chill.)
Go to full version of