I made this for Thanksgiving and took it to a friend's house. It was so easy to make and delicious. I ran out of time and so I didn't get a chance to cut out the leaves (or other shapes), and so I just dusted it with the chocolate powder--still amazing. My friend is still telling me how good it was, and she just asked for the recipe. Definitely fun and easy to make!
No-Cook Pumpkin Chocolate Icebox Cake
Make a picture-perfect fall dessert for your holiday open house or neighborhood block party. It's pretty from the top, and even prettier when you remove a slice.
More From Sunset
Chill: 12 Hours
- Calories: 315
- Calories from fat: 59%
- Protein: 4.4g
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Sodium: 251mg
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 28 chocolate graham cracker sheets (12 oz. total)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
- 1. Beat cream cheese and sugars in a bowl with a mixer on medium speed until smooth. Then beat in pumpkin, half-and-half, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla until smooth and fluffy.
- 2. Lay enough graham crackers in a 9- by 9-in. pan to cover bottom (cut to fit if necessary). Spread a quarter of pumpkin mixture over crackers with an offset spatula. Layer 3 more times, ending with pumpkin mixture.
- 3. Cover; chill overnight. Set leaf cutouts (trace them on paper) on top and dust with cocoa, then remove. Cut cake into squares.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per square.
To serve it on a plate (out of the pan), line pan with plastic wrap so it hangs over the edges. Start your layers with a quarter of the pumpkin mixture, top with graham crackers, and repeat 3 times, ending with crackers. To serve, lift from pan using plastic wrap as handles. Hold a plate facedown on top of the cake and flip over together. Remove wrap, smooth with a spatula, and trim edges. Then decorate as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note