Pumpkin-Chocolate Chip Muffins
Whip up a batch of Pumpkin-Chocolate Chip Muffins to have on-hand for a fast, breakfast-on-the-go. Pumpkin puree and seeds provide seasonal flavor with added sweetness from chocolate chips.
More From Allyou
Bake: 22 Minutes
- Calories: 308
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 46g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Sodium: 240mg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt (not nonfat)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup minced crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or mist with cooking spray.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk both flours, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a medium bowl whisk pumpkin, eggs, yogurt and oil. Stir pumpkin mixture into flour mixture until just moistened. Stir in chocolate chips and 1/4 cup ginger.
- 3. Divide batter among muffin cups. Sprinkle with remaining ginger and pumpkin seeds. Bake until muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 22 minutes. Let cool in pan 5 minutes, then turn muffins out onto a rack to cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note