the best pumpkin pie ever - the spice is exactly right, not too much, not too little. this is it, we're done with any other pumpkin pie recipe.
Pumpkin Chess Pie
For ease, we offer this simple but delicious alternative to Bûche de Noël, the most time-consuming recipe of the menu. If you'd rather spend your time wrapping those last-minute gifts, though, buy a commercial pumpkin pie.
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Praline Sauce
- Place piecrust in a 9" pieplate; fold edges under, and crimp. Process pumpkin and next 9 ingredients in container of an electric blender or food processor until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into prepared piecrust. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Serve with Praline Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note