We made this for our family's Thanksgiving celebration and it was a complete hit. Everyone said it is way better than regular pumpkin pie. The crust is amazing. We used a crispy store-bought gingersnap cookie for the crust. The filling is totally cheesecake in texture and baked up beautifully. Still has a pretty pumpkin color and taste. It turned out great in a glass deep-dish pie plate as the recipe calls for, so no need to mess with a spring form pan. Will make this again for sure!
Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 590
- Fat: 41g
- Saturated fat: 22g
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 185mg
- Sodium: 434mg
- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs (from about 30 cookies)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 8-oz. packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs plus 2 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin-pie spice
- Make crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter an 8-inch spring form pan. Cover outside of pan with 2 layers of heavy-duty foil. Stir together all crust ingredients until crumbs are moistened. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Make filling: With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese and both sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and yolks one at a time. Add pumpkin, sour cream and vanilla; beat well. Reduce speed to low and beat in flour and pumpkin-pie spice just until combined. Pour filling into baked shell.
- Place cheesecake into a large roasting pan; fill pan with 2 inches of hot water. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, until cheesecake is set around edges but still slightly jiggly when lightly shaken (cheesecake will firm as it cools). Transfer to a wire rack and let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate, tightly covered, for at least 10 hours, until thoroughly chilled and set, or for up to 2 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts