I have to agree with Guezzie - I am an avid baker and love pumpkin (and CL recipes)...but these were awful. Especially considering how much effort went into them. The crust didn't taste or crumble right, and the texture of the bars was just 'off.' They definitely tasted 'light,' and they were not worth the effort!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Beau Gustafson; Katie Stoddard
This dessert combines the spicy flavors of a pumpkin pie with the creamy richness of a cheesecake.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1 piece)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 288
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 8.9g
- Carbohydrate: 42.9g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 39mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 276mg
- Calcium: 86mg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (6 3/4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 teaspoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups canned unsweetened pumpkin
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 large egg
- Remaining ingredients:
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare crust, lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add flour to pan; cook 5 minutes or until light brown, stirring often. Remove pan from heat. Transfer flour to a bowl; cool completely.
- Combine cooled flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and salt in a food processor; pulse 5 times or until combined. Add chilled butter; pulse until mixture resembles fine meal. Press 1 cup of flour mixture evenly into the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; reserve the remaining flour mixture. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
- To prepare filling, spread pumpkin in an even layer on several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine granulated sugar, 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, and cream cheeses in a bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed 2 minutes or until smooth. Scrape pumpkin into bowl using a rubber spatula. Add egg substitute, cinnamon, vanilla, allspice, and egg; beat until smooth. Scrape batter into baked crust.
- Combine reserved flour mixture and pecans in a small bowl; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons water. Squeeze handfuls of topping to form large pieces. Crumble over filling. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until filling is firmly set. Remove from heat; cool in pan on wire rack to room temperature. Cut into 12 portions. Serve at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note