The best cheesecake ever. I get rave reviews whenever I make it. The only thing I found was that the recipe makes too much batter for a 9" springform pan. So I make smaller cakes using small Pyrex round bowls with the extra batter. These make great individual treats.
More From Coastal Living
Bake: 1 Hour
Stand: 2 Hours
Chill: 8 Hours
Total: 11 Hours, 25 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs (about 30 cookies)
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Garnishes: candied nuts, whipped cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cookie crumbs, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, and next 2 ingredients in a medium bowl. Press mixture into bottom and about 1 inch up sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake 15 minutes or until browned around edges. Place pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
- 2. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sour cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add remaining 1 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar; beat at medium speed about 5 minutes or until mixture is smooth and sugars have dissolved. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears after each addition. Stir in pumpkin and vanilla.
- 3. Whisk together flour and next 2 ingredients in a medium bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to cream cheese mixture, beating at low speed just until blended.
- 4. Bake at 300° for 45 minutes. Turn oven off, and let cheesecake stand in oven with door closed 2 hours. Remove cheesecake from oven, and cool on a wire rack. Chill 8 hours or overnight. Gently run a knife around outer edge of cake to loosen. Remove sides of pan, and place cheesecake on a serving plate. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note